Friday, January 17, 2020

Let’s pick our pitches!!

Today my group and I are going to pick a pitch. There are three pictures, but we’ve never let them down to two. Hopefully the final decision is an obvious choice. I already have my mindset on one of the pictures. The one I want to do I feel is the best but of course every plan has pros and cons. One of the pitches out of the two we narrowed them down to “ Walking to Walmart with her sister that she has lost, while someone is following her, then she gets kidnapped.” The other is “ In the empty parking lot of the warehouse 2 to 3 girls are rubbing this man, with a gun to his head; but there’s someone hidden in the corner then boom a gunshot goes off.” It’s exciting to see which one will be in our final film or not. Because both are pretty interesting to me, honestly I wouldn’t know how to choose.

While discussing the first page with my girl we decided a few things. I thought this was a great pitch, honestly just I don’t know it was just different. They were still some things about it that needed to be fixed though. Jasmine thought this pitch was a great pitch and that this one should be the one we chose. But we couldn’t help us find some cons about it. This is the scenario Walmart my group me pointed out what if Walmart does not allow us to from the store. Also she pointed out that kidnapping is so cliché, but I recommend we do something to spice it up a little bit. In addition to the scones, we listed the process of doing the speech. We had the right amount of actors  to act out the scene  we wanted to do, and we all lived in the exact area of the Walmart we were going to shoot at. Moreover, I thought we could do a creative person disconnecting some. I don’t want to film a cliché and call it a day. I wanted our film to be original and spicy.

The second pitch,  about the empty parking lot with the warehouse in 2 to 3 girls, I felt was a little weird for our group. Honestly I love action movies, so I really wanted to do something action and I kind a liked this pitch but it was still a little weird. Action movies are my favorite movies so I wanted to do something with like guns in fighting you know make it seem more realistic. Kind of like the movie Superfly, I wanted it to be that much in depth, and I wanted it to seem like an actual drug deal gone wrong sort of. I didn’t pick this pitch but Jahleel did and I’m honestly grateful for that because I actually like this one more it’s just it would be a bit more complicated to execute. We will have to find a warehouse and we would have to order guns online and I have to look as realistic as possible which kind of scares me. What’s crazy about this is that I feel like it being so complicated for us to pull off what actually make it so great. It will be original, and I feel like that’s one of the best things you can have an film, originality. It all comes to finding out where will find a warehouse, how we’re going to portray us robbing someone, and how fast the fake guns would come. I feel like it would it would be cool if we did a trick where were using like object that looks like a gun instead of a fake gun, kind of like the hate U give.

We decided to choose the first pitch idea, which kind of made me a bit sad. I feel like the first pitch idea is a bit action but it’s mostly like a thriller , and personally I don’t really like thrillers like that. But when you’re in a group of people who make compromises and yes I still like the idea, I think it’s a good idea and I feel like we have more resources to do that idea and it’s perfect for us. But for me it was something so beautiful about the second pitch, because I just love action movie so much and I felt like. This pitch really represented me and represented what I would like to see in in a movie. I feel like pitch number two would really be a movie I’d watch. I feel like picture number one would be a movie I would watch if my friend made me, but I would really end up liking it in the end. So I really don’t have a problem with the pitch like either way I feel like we’re gonna do great and I feel like we’re going to be original and we’re going to bring something to the table. The more I think about it the more I think the first one would be  perfect for us because we really do have all the resources available, three out of four of us live  right by this Walmart and  the other one has a car so it really wouldn’t be a problem.  Plus I feel like a lot of things happen at Walmart so this would be a really believable scene, which makes it perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment