Thursday, November 14, 2019

Intro Conventions

This is my first blog that is not dicussing our commercial. I am extremely happy to be moving on from the commercial. It was really a stressful process and  it was truly eye opening. It was such a horrible time in my life because I was so worried about my grade, but it did turn out to be a great commercial so I can’t complain. We’re finally about to start our music video. I’m actually really excited about this because I love music. Music means so much to me so I truly hope I will excel at this project. This time I need to improve on my editing because last time that was our main issue. We couldn’t find out how to dumb our project and work pinnacle studios. I also want to improve on my filming skills because the first project was a little rough. I know I can do better and I want to do better.

For our music video we chose to do the song “love don’t change” by Jeremiah. We chose this because it was a throwback song from our middle school days. When this song first dropped it was so big and everybody loved it. It made us feel all the emotions he was going through at the time, which is crazy because we were just middle schoolers at this time. This song just brings a sense of relief and happiness over me. Another reason why we chose the song was because it was R&B, that genre isn’t as popular anymore so we thought this would be a way to kinda sulk in its glory. I’m actually happy that we chose this song, it was a last minute decision but yet it turned out to be a great one.

C- R&B male singers usually wear tight shirts and jeans. They try to appeal to the female fans, and they often want to be seen as seductive. Tight shirts usually bring out they’re muscle fatigue, which most of them have.

L-In R&B videos they usually use dim lights inside of a small room, where they usually look through a window. This helps the audience feel the emotions he’s going through and it creates a sense of sadness. Sometimes they use natural lights to make the send me seem more realistic.



A- The actors in the RnB categories mostly consist of a lead male and female roles. In most of the RnB videos I seen the actors are usually in a relationship, getting out of one, or coming together. 

M- In RnB videos the females wear make-up. I noticed that in the videos when the camera zooms in on the female you could see her make-up. So the use of make-up is to make the female more appealing in the video. 

P- RnB music videos usually barely incorporate props. Due to the fact that most of the video focuses on the actors unless the Prop is what causes conflict between the actors.

S- In most RnB videos the setting takes place in a room with a back ground, or in a house. Some videos take place outside which will most likely be in the rain.

Shots- for the shots we want to use a extreme close up, to show the actors expression and his emotions. We’re also going to use a two-shot because we realized in lots of love song music videos it shows the boy and the girl. Lastly, we’re going to use a point of view shot because it symbolizes what the main character sees; usually they show how the guy sees the girl walking or laughing in slow motion.

Angles- We want to use the eye level angle because in a lot of music videos the actor is looking up while singing. We’re also going to use a Dutch because we want to make the sense more 

No comments:

Post a Comment