Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Blog

So my group and I finished the filming process and we were really looking forward to editing. We been trying to edit our commercial for about 2 weeks now, but for some reason everything just keeps getting in the way. Last week my media class had a whole bunch of technological problems, and on top of that me my group just simply couldn't find our commercial. After a weeks attempt one of my group members were able to recover the file. We then placed the file in a document on our desktop. At the beginning of the week we had another opportunity to start our editing process, but we were faced with yet another editing problem. Pinnacle Studious wasn't loading no matter how hard we tried. It was disappointing because we finally got our film to upload to the computer. We were excited, we thought that we had a breakthrough. Yet, it was just anther set back.

 In addition to this, we all had to share computers so eventually we would have to return it and we were scared because we weren't able to get anything done. If I'm being honest I started to get a bit discouraged, we just kept being set back. I was truly stressed about my grade and the fact that we just couldn't find a way to edit the blog, we were running out of time. Our teachers decided to give us extra time to edit, which honestly I'm grateful for. Fast forward to today, we had another opportunity to try Pinnacle Studious again. We searched for the laptop we used earlier this week because we wanted to make sure we got the one we dumped it on. We logged in with excitement, ready to start our editing process, when we were faced with yet another problem. We couldn't find our document yet again. We decided to ask other groups for help but they also faced the same problem. I suggested that we try dumping it again but we had a substitute so we weren't able to get into the equipment room. 

We tried calling security, so we could retrieve the SD card but that was also a dead end. We decided to just contact our teacher about the issue. We attempted to find our document again but it still wouldn't come up. Me and a fellow group member made the decision to go to the AICE Media classroom during study hall and try to at least start our editing process. I am determined to get it done. We must get it done, we worked hard on it, and I believe that we have a good vision. I truly just want to see our vision come to life, I feel like it'd be great. Even though we couldn't edit I still checked out Pinnacle Studious, since I had nothing else to do. I looked at all the cool features, I tried to get a bit more familiar with the app. It made me even more anxious to start editing because through be told it seemed a little difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment